HOW TO BUILD LEG MUSCLES
The best way to build leg muscles is by utilizing compound exercises such as squats. Squats work out your hamstrings, glutes, quads and calves. Do 3-4 sets of squats with 10-15 reps on each set. You can also build leg muscles by deadlifting. This works out the hamstrings and the lower back. Another great exercise is lunges, which work out your quadriceps, hamstrings and glutes.
1. leg extensions (2-3 sets, 8-12 reps)
2. leg curls (2-3 sets, 5-10 reps)
3. leg press (4-5 sets, 12-20 reps)
4. leg press calf raises (4-5 sets, 10-15 reps)
5. leg extensions (4-5 sets, 20 reps)
6. leg curls (3 sets, 12 reps)
7. leg press calf raises (4-5 sets, 15 reps)
8. leg extension to failure (4-5 sets, 20 reps)
9. leg curl to failure (3 sets, 12 reps)
10. leg press to failure (3 sets, 20 reps)
11 leg curls balanced on a bench with your lower leg perpendicular to the floor and your upper leg parallel to the floor (one rep equals flexing your leg as though you were doing a leg curl)
12. leg press balanced on a bench with your lower leg perpendicular to the floor and your upper leg parallel to the ground (one rep equals pressing your leg straight)
It's important to build leg muscles. Having strong legs means you'll be able to run faster, jump higher and lift more weight. In addition, leg muscles make
up a significant component of the human body's metabolic rate. The best leg workouts for building leg muscles include: leg extensions, leg curls and leg press. Utilizing compound exercises such as leg extensions and leg curls help to workout your hamstrings and glutes; whereas leg presses work out your quadriceps, hamstrings and glutes.