- A Barbell should be placed in front of you on the ground
- Place your feet flat on floor roughly hip width apart with the bar touching your shins
- Grab the barbell with palms facing down slightly wider than shoulder width grip
- Hands should be placed outside the legs
- Arms should be straight with your elbows slightly touching your legs
- Keep your Head up and chest up and out
- Look straight ahead
- Keep your Back straight and shoulders back with Hips low and thighs parallel to the floor
- Take a deep breath at the start of the movement
- Lift Bar slowly by extending legs and hips - push feet into the floor
- Keep bar close to the body
- Consistent and controlled lift to top insuring Back and arms remain straight
- Breathe out consistently for the duration of the lift
- Stop momentarily at the top of the lift
- Lower weight slowly by pushing the hips back
- Return to start position
- Safely place bar on the floor.
Things to keep remember when doing deadlifts:
- Don’t arch your back
- Keep your abs tight your back straight
- Keep the bar as close to you as possible
- thrust in with your hips DON’T PULL WITH YOUR PACK
- Keep your head up and chest out as you lift for correct spine alignment.
- your hips, knees and feet should for a straight line at the top of the lift.